To enhance safety of aircraft operations by providing flight operations officers and pilots operating in general aviation the necessary knowledge, skills and attitude for the determination of optimal loading of an aircraft and ensuring that all weight and balance procedures are adequately completed.
- identify principles of weight and balances and safe aircraft loading operations and procedures;
- determine aircraft performance and effect on load distribution;
- integrate aircraft maximum weights and weight and balance operational limitations in the process of aircraft load planning;
- determine the optimum load distribution taking into account the limits of the centre of gravity;
- demonstrate application of weight and balance principles, procedures and limitations during the preparation of the weight and balance documentation for a typical aircraft ensuring that all limitations have been checked.
Primary Target Population
Load Controller, Flight Dispatcher and pilots operating in general aviation,