This course provides Airport Wildlife Operators an overview of wildlife hazard management strategies, effective tools and operational techniques. The course includes practical examples, Case Studies and hands-on using currently deployed systems in airports.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
Describe the history of bird strikes and the associated wildlife hazard management at airports
Define the roles and responsibilities of wildlife hazard management team in the framework at airports
Define the basics of wildlife identification at airports, including species-specific behavioral patterns of birds
Identify the varied attractants at an aerodrome
Operate in accordance with general protocols used in bird strike reporting (ICAO standards & requirements)
Adopt data collection methods and protocols for wildlife within airports
Apply operational techniques for dealing with wildlife within airports
Characterize the future technological advancements of airport wildlife hazard management.
Primary Target Population
• Airport Safety - Managers, Officers and staff
• Airport Operations - Managers, Officers and staff
• Airport Emergency - Managers, Officers and staff
• Wildlife managers and staff
• Civil Aviation Authority officials
• Minimum educational level of participants: GCE ‘O’ Levels
• Conversant with MS Office (10 at least)
Registration is full? Looking for new dates or location?