The Management Certificate in Civil Aviation (MCCA) covers three main topics to help leaders prepare and enhance their leadership skills in civil aviation. The programme is taught at a level equivalent to that of a graduate business programme and consists of three independent courses:
These courses will provide current and future leaders in civil aviation with the tools needed to bring their organizations up to speed on critical industry issues.
Each course is composed of nine (9) modules spread over eight (8) weeks:
3 weeks of asynchronous sessions online self-paced
4 weeks of synchronous virtual classroom sessions - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (EDT)
1 week for the final exam
All courses provide a well-rounded view of the theme under the instruction of a variety of experts and professionals who represent unique perspectives. Successful completion of all three courses will lead to a Management Certificate in Civil Aviation.
• Understand the main challenges in risk management in the aviation operational environment;
• Learn to identify the key elements of business planning and decision-making;
• Apply risk analysis techniques and risk management principles to operational activities;
• Learn the importance, and the opportunities of engaging stakeholders in strategic business planning, and in project development and implementation;
• Develop your design thinking and leading innovation skillset; and,
• Integrate and practice the business planning and decision-making elements as a means to evaluate business decisions.
Primary Target Population
• Aviation professionals and managers from Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs)
• Airline employees
• Aerodrome operators
• Other aviation industry service providers
• Managers transitioning into Civil Aviation
A minimum of two (2) years work experience in an aviation related field; and/or
A first level university degree in combination with the successful completion of the Aviation Fundamentals online course may be accepted in lieu of the work experience. A proof of your first level university degree and certificate of the Aviation Fundamentals course will be requested.