The Management Certificate in Civil Aviation (MCCA) covers three main topics to help leaders prepare and enhance their leadership skills in civil aviation. The programme is taught at a level equivalent to that of a graduate business programme and consists of three independent courses:
These courses will provide current and future leaders in civil aviation with the tools needed to bring their organizations up to speed on critical industry issues.
Each course is composed of nine (9) modules spread over eight (8) weeks:
3 weeks of asynchronous sessions online self-paced
4 weeks of synchronous virtual classroom sessions - Tuesdays and Thursdays from 8 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. (EDT)
1 week for the final exam
All courses provide a well-rounded view of the theme under the instruction of a variety of experts and professionals who represent unique perspectives. Successful completion of all three courses will lead to a Management Certificate in Civil Aviation.
· Improve your ability to think strategically in the context of civil aviation;
· Acquire core tools for measuring performance;
· Develop your leadership potential and ability to manage change;
· Learn communication skills to facilitate intercultural exchange;
· Understand and apply ethical theories to real life business situations;
· Improve your ability to solve problems under pressure; and,
· Integrate and practice the strategic elements, as a means to evaluate business decisions.
Primary Target Population
· Aviation professionals and managers from Civil Aviation Authorities (CAAs)
· Airline employees
· Aerodrome operators
· Other aviation industry service providers
· Managers transitioning into Civil Aviation
A minimum of two (2) years work experience in an aviation related field; and/or
A first level university degree in combination with the successful completion of the Aviation Fundamentals online course may be accepted in lieu of the work experience. A proof of your first level university degree and certificate of the Aviation Fundamentals course will be requested.