Basic Meteorology Course for Air Traffic Controller
039/111/MET ATC BAS
Standardized Training Package
To impart to the Air Traffic Control Officers with necessary knowledge, skills and attitude to interpret and use aeronautical meteorological information in accordance with ICAO Annex-3, Annex-11, ICAO DOC- 4444(PANS-ATM), ICAO DOC-7192 Part F-1, MATS (Manual of Air Traffic Services) and CAR Section-9 for safe and efficient ATC operations.
On completion of the course the trainee will be able to:
- Interpret aeronautical meteorological information, reports, forecasts and warnings correctly and efficiently.
- Use aeronautical meteorological information, reports, forecasts and warnings correctly and efficiently, while exercising ATC duties.
- Module 0: Introduction
- Module 1: Weather Parameters
- Module 2: Weather-Aviation Hazard
- Module 3: Application of Aeronautical Meteorological Information
Primary Target Population
Personnel who are currently assigned or about to be assigned ATC duties at the Airports/ATS units.
‘Graduate’ degree course with Physics and Mathematics or ‘Engineering’ degree in Electronics/ Telecommunications/ Information Technology after qualifying eligibility exam.
No available sessions? Looking for a new date or location?Express Your Interest
We will notify you as soon as a new session becomes available